One the most effective grassroots organizations fighting to help North Korean refugees — through political action and direct humanitarian aid — is Liberty in North Korea, or LiNK.
LiNK has the potential to win $1.5 million but we can’t do it without your vote! It will take YOU 5 minutes at the most and we only have 9 days to get 2000 votes! If we are among the top 25 projects with the most votes, we will then be taken to a panel for them to decide who deserves the money! Our story is compelling, but they won’t look at it unless you tell them to! 100% of the money is guaranteed to go towards refugee resettlement”¦that’s a lot of refugees we can help! So, below is how to nominate our project!
1) Go to the following link: http://www.membersproject.com/home/index.html
2) You have to log-in to nominate our project. So go to the top right corner of the page and click “log-in”
3) If you are a card-member of American Express, enter your online ID and password. You will then be prompt to enter your e-mail and password (you may have to create this).
4) If you are not a card-member, click on “guest sign up” located on the third column. Fill out the information and log-in!
5) You are almost done! There are over 1,200 projects to vote for”¦so, enter “liberty house” in the search field and our project will come up as “Liberty House-Assistance for North Korean refugees.” Click on it and then it will take you to our page where you will see a “nominate this project” button. Once you click on that button, we will receive your vote!
6) Lastly, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “facebook” or “myspace” icon so that you can post it to your profile.
Imagine the impact of that kind of money on a small organization, and what that organization could do with it: save kids, change minds and votes, even shame State Department bureaucrats.